Here is The Telegraphs’s choice of top hotels for a Spring stay. We look at what makes their top 8 Spring hotels such a great place to stay. The following hotels all scored 9/10 with the Telegraph travel experts:
The Felin Fach Griffin, Brecon Beacons, Wales
- Located between the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons, this is wonderful Spring walking territory complete with daffodils and bluebells and Spring lambs in the fields
- A cosy, delightfully unpretentious yet quietly stylish hotel
- Noted for its excellent food and drink
The Goring, Belgravia, London
- Has a huge, tranquil garden, an oasis amid the hustle and bustle of central London, carpeted with lawn, surrounded by borders and shrubbery and never lovelier than in spring.
- Both the garden and the splendid hotel, a bastion of Britishness, have had something of a spring clean themselves, with a top-to-toe designer renovation, including a glamourous new lobby. From May onwards, the lawn becomes a croquet pitch and guests taking Afternoon Tea often play.
Gravetye Manor, East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Boasts newly reawakened historic gardens
- And a Victorian peach house which has been restored and replanted with peaches and figs
- The magnificent kitchen garden is also magnificent
- Inside, the hotel offers traditional class along with good food
Killiecrankie Hotel, Perth and Kinross, Perthshire, Scotland
- This whitewashed house dating from the 1840s gives direct access to the beautiful Killiecrankie Pass
- It’s own garden is alsofilled with great swathes of daffodils, and later rhododendrons.
- Excellent food and 10 elegant bedrooms, always adorned with fresh flowers
- Perfectly placed for visiting three superb Scottish spring gardens: Cluny House, Bolfracks and Blair Castle.
Northcote, Langho, Lancashire, England
- A great place from which to explore Lancashire’s beautiful Forest of Bowland and Ribble Valley
- An impressively well run Relais & Châteaux hotel set in a solid Victorian house that glows with good living
- A strong emphasis on local produce makes a commanding appearance in Nigel Haworth’s Michelin-starred cooking and on his seasonal Spring Menu
- Its Kitchen garden is full of interest at this time of year.
The Pheasant Hotel, Yorkshire, England
- Close to the famous Farndale Daffodil Walk. The full walk, much of it alongside the River Dove, is three-and-a-half miles in length and takes about 90 minutes.
- Afterwards, sink into a comfy armchair at The Pheasant and prepare for superb seasonal and local cooking from co-owner Peter Neville.
Plas Bodegroes Hotel, Gwynedd, Wales
- Famous for its 200-year-old avenue of beach trees carpeted in daffodils, then bluebells, and leading nowhere but fields
- A lovely duck egg blue dining room where very possibly the best breakfast in Wales is served
- Cosy sitting room and 10 attractive bedrooms
Star Castle Hotel, Isles of Scilly, Cornwall, England
- Every March, the Isles of Scilly community gathers together to clean the beaches before the season starts in earnest.
- The blue skies and the clear Spring light make both land and water sparkle
- Fashioned from a perfect, star-shaped 16th-century castle on a headland above Hugh Town, a delightful family run-hotel, with charming bedrooms, three in former guardrooms embedded in the castle wall.
Could your hotel do with a little more Spring in its step?
The Telegraph’s top Spring hotel selections were based on having their own exceptional spring gardens or the countryside that surrounds them. They all serve seasonal produce, much of it locally sourced, and all have a freshness, lightness of touch and sense of happiness that perfectly complements the time of year.
Could your hotel do with a Spring facelift? If you would need [hotel finance] to make that happen, it makes so much sense to go to someone, like Stewart Hindley and Partners, who understand the hospitality business through and through.
We are long-established specialists in securing hotel mortgages. Our experienced team will be able to offer you friendly and informative advice to help you build and improve your business. Browse our site for case histories and more information about the process involved in securing hotel finance or call us now to speak to our team of experts.