Strong demand for high quality, freehold water front properties within the marina sector has continued to drive the market to placing upward pressure on purchase prices which have been reflected in recent transactions.
Lenders continue to view the marina sector as excellent security on the basis of recurring income on waterfront property.
The terms of a commercial loan against a marina or water sport facility vary from lender to lender but as a general rule, the following will apply:
- 60 – 75% loan to property value ratio
- 15 – 25 year mortgage term
- Fixed or variable interest rates
We are experienced in offering financial solutions for purchases, re-mortgages, debt consolidation, capital raising (extensions) and cash injections across the marina sector.
Factors Affecting Your Loan Application
There are a number of factors which can help to make your application more attractive to a lender:
- Proof of experience in the marina/marine or allied sector
- Good credit history
- Your previous businesses trading accounts to prove business competence or CV demonstrating commercial history
- Comprehensive debt proposal from Stewart Hindley & Partners
Contact us today to find out how we can help you finance your marina business.